ATPL(H)/IR Bridge Course
The ATPL(H)/IR theoretical knowledge bridge course is designed for the candidates already holding either an ATPL(A) licence or an ATPL(A) theory credit and who wish to use the benefit of their acquired credits to obtain an ATPL(H)/IR (or a lesser licence) sometime in the future.
There are no specific rules about how much training is required or how long you can take for the ATPL conversion. However, our EASA approved bridge course typically lasts about 5 weeks, assuming students study for around 30 hours each week. You’ll attend a total of 15 hours of online classroom hours. If needed, the course can be extended based on student availability or individual needs, but it must be finished within 18 months.
If you don’t have the Area 100 KSA credit from your ATPL(A) theory course, you may require an additional week to complete the course, however your experience can count towards it, avoiding the extra time.
The 5 helicopter specific subjects for the bridge course are:
- 021 AGK – Airframe, Systems, Powerplant
- 022 AGK – Instrumentation
- 034 Performance
- 070 Operational Procedures
- 082 Principles of Flight
We provide you with the same study materials as in the full ATPL online courses:
- Access to our online learning platform study.atpltheory.eu
- Access to Bristol Ground School learning materials
- Access to Aviationexam questionbank
- Access to the digital format of Jeppsen Student Pilot Route Manual